Trekking Zingchen to Chilling
Duration of Trek: 03 Nights / 04 Days
Best Time: June to October
Highest Point: Gandala (4380m)
Focus: Monasteries, People, Villages
Highlight: Trekking, Wildlife, People, Homestay, Monasteries and Landscape
Physical Challenge: Moderate overall
Day: 01 Leh to Zingchen to Rumbak 4-5 hours
After having breakfast drive to Zingchen and walk towards Rumbak through a straight forward road. Leaving Zingchen village, you enter Hemis national park – habitat of Snow leopard and mountain ungulates etc. Walk through a narrow trail and valley widens as you arrive Rumbak village. Rumbak offers
you an opportunity to stay in a village house with the family – a trend began in recent years under home stay system being promoted and supported govt. NGOs and travel agencies. You get to try different local food during your home stay experience.
Day: 02 Rumbak to Yurutse 2-3 hours
With traditional Ladakhi breakfast begins your day trek to Yurutse. At Yurutse after having lunch proceed for a short walk for wildlife sightseeing before returning to stay again in a local family house .
Day: 03 Yurutse to Kaya 6-7 hours
From Yurutse follow the path along the mountains, and then cross a small valley to a zig zag steep path. Thereafter cross Ganda La pass (4380m)and after about two hours of descending walk you get to the beautiful valley of Markha. A few hundred meters further is the Kaya village, where you stay in a family house.
Day: 04 Kaya to Chilling to Leh 2-3 hours
After having the breakfast walk towards Chilling across the Zanskar River and drive back to Leh, where you get by evening.
- √ Accommodation in Guest House in Padum and Hotel in Kargil with all meals.
- √ All transportation by Toyota Qualis, Innova or Scorpio.
- √ Two men tent, Kitchen and dinning tents.
- √ Kitchen equipments and Toilet Tent.
- √ Stool, Table and mattresses.
- √ Food veg and non-veg.
- √ Cook, helper and guide.
- √ Horses for Luggages.
- √ Monument entrances, wild life fees and camping charges.
- √ Climbing permit to Stok Khangri and Equipments.
- χ Any flight tickets and any Accommodation except Padum and Kargil.
- χ No accommodation in Leh is included in Trekking Packages.
- χ Sleeping Bags, trekking shoes and clothing.
- χ Any Kind of Personal Expenses or Optional Tours / Extra Meals Ordered
- χ Any thing not specifically mentioned under the head “Prices Included”.
- χ Tips, Insurance, Laundry, Phone Calls.
- χ Any Kind of Drinks (Alcoholic, Mineral, Aerated)
- χ Cost incidental to any change in the itinerary/ stay on account of flight cancellation due to bad
weather, ill health, roadblocks and/or any factors beyond control.
TERMS & CONDITIONS:
- 10% cancellation charges if the trekking is cancelled within 30 days before the tour.
- 20% cancellation charges if the tour and trek is cancelled within a one week before the tour.
- No refund if the trek or tour is cancelled after starting or middle of the trek or tour.