Trekking in Lower Ladakh
Duration of Trek: 04 Nights / 05 Days
Best Time: Mid June to September
Highest Point: Charatse La (3,650m)
Focus: Monasteries, Monks, People Villages
Highlight: Remote Villages and Monasteries
Physical Challenge: Easy Trek
Day: 01 Leh to Liker to Yangthang 4-5 hours
Drive to Liker around 45 kms from Leh towards Srinagar. At Liker, before starting the trek, you can visit the monastery atop a hill upstream of the village. As you begin your trek you come across Yangthang and Sumdo villages crossing small passes called Phobe La (3550 meters) and Charatse La (3650 meters). Overnight stay is in camp.
Day: 02 Yangthang to Rizong to Hemis Shukpachan5-6 hours
After the breakfast proceed towards Rizong monastery. The walk is through a thick grove of poplar, willow, apricot and apple trees along a stream before getting to the popular nunnery of Rizong at a site called Chulichan in about half an hour. The valley on the right is the way to the monastery, which is known for its strict rules of observing monastic life as per Buddhist tenets. After having lunch, the trek towards Hemis Shukpachan village involves crossing a simple pass behind the monastery. Overnight stay is in camp.
Day: 03 Hemis Shukpachan to Temisgam 3-4 hours
Today is a bit longer trek involving crossing of Maptek La (3750 meters), which has great views of surrounding valleys and mountains. Soon after the pass you get the sight of Ang village. From Ang the road leads down to the Temisgam village, which has ruins of historical fort and a small monastery enshrining the highly sacred marble statue of Avalokitesvara. Overnight stay is in a camp.
Day: 04 Temisgam to Khaltse 4-5 hours
Walk down to Khaltsey via Bongbongchan La, and your trek finishes at the Srinagar Leh highway. The same day you drive to Lamayuru for sightseeing of Yundrung Monastery perched on pillar shaped interesting geographical formations, which gives this valley a ‘moonlike’ image. Overnight stay is in Guest House.
Day: 04 Lamayuru to Leh
After having breakfast visit Rizong monastery and drive back to Leh, en route visit Alchi and Liker monasteries.
- √ Accommodation in Guest House in Padum and Hotel in Kargil with all meals.
- √ All transportation by Toyota Qualis, Innova or Scorpio.
- √ Two men tent, Kitchen and dinning tents.
- √ Kitchen equipments and Toilet Tent.
- √ Stool, Table and mattresses.
- √ Food veg and non-veg.
- √ Cook, helper and guide.
- √ Horses for Luggages.
- √ Monument entrances, wild life fees and camping charges.
- √ Climbing permit to Stok Khangri and Equipments.
- χ Any flight tickets and any Accommodation except Padum and Kargil.
- χ No accommodation in Leh is included in Trekking Packages.
- χ Sleeping Bags, trekking shoes and clothing.
- χ Any Kind of Personal Expenses or Optional Tours / Extra Meals Ordered
- χ Any thing not specifically mentioned under the head “Prices Included”.
- χ Tips, Insurance, Laundry, Phone Calls.
- χ Any Kind of Drinks (Alcoholic, Mineral, Aerated)
- χ Cost incidental to any change in the itinerary/ stay on account of flight cancellation due to bad
weather, ill health, roadblocks and/or any factors beyond control.
TERMS & CONDITIONS:
- 10% cancellation charges if the trekking is cancelled within 30 days before the tour.
- 20% cancellation charges if the tour and trek is cancelled within a one week before the tour.
- No refund if the trek or tour is cancelled after starting or middle of the trek or tour.