Spituk to Stok Trek
Duration of Trek: 02 Nights / 03 Days
Best Time: May to October
Highest Point: Stok La Pass (4,900m)
Focus: Nature, Wildlife, People and Villages
Highlight: Village Home Stay and Wildlife viewing
Physical Challenge: Moderate
Day: 01 Leh to Zingchen to Rumbak 5 hrs
After having the breakfast drive to Zingchen and start walking through Zingchen Gorge. There is a restaurant where one can stop for tea and snacks. As we continue trekking further, the gorge gets narrower and rugged. On the way one might see snow leopard signs along the valley bottom of the side valleys if you
are trekking during winter or early spring/fall. As you approach Rumbak fields the valley suddenly opens up with snowcapped mountains in the background. From the fields the path turns left eastwards for the Rumbak village, where Home stay is available.
Day: 02 Wildlife viewing
After the breakfast proceed for full day wildlife viewing along with a trained local guide. Wildlife viewing possibilities are Blue sheep, the Great Tibetan sheep or the Argali, various mountain and migratory birds, high altitude flora and occasionally a Tibetan Wolf or a Snow leopard if luck favors. Ask your Home-stay
operator for a local guide or village resource map to show directions for possible options. Overnight in Home Stay.
Day: 03 Rumbak to Stok to Leh 8 hours
Make an early start for your trek up the Stok la pass(4900mts) for 3 hours. Follow the path on the extreme left along the south facing hillside. After one hour the path gets slower as you start climbing up to the pass. From the pass you can get great views of the Indus valley. Descend all the way down to the village of Stok.
Optional visit to Stok Palace museum. Drive to Leh.
- √ Accommodation in Guest House in Padum and Hotel in Kargil with all meals.
- √ All transportation by Toyota Qualis, Innova or Scorpio.
- √ Two men tent, Kitchen and dinning tents.
- √ Kitchen equipments and Toilet Tent.
- √ Stool, Table and mattresses.
- √ Food veg and non-veg.
- √ Cook, helper and guide.
- √ Horses for Luggages.
- √ Monument entrances, wild life fees and camping charges.
- √ Climbing permit to Stok Khangri and Equipments.
- χ Any flight tickets and any Accommodation except Padum and Kargil.
- χ No accommodation in Leh is included in Trekking Packages.
- χ Sleeping Bags, trekking shoes and clothing.
- χ Any Kind of Personal Expenses or Optional Tours / Extra Meals Ordered
- χ Any thing not specifically mentioned under the head “Prices Included”.
- χ Tips, Insurance, Laundry, Phone Calls.
- χ Any Kind of Drinks (Alcoholic, Mineral, Aerated)
- χ Cost incidental to any change in the itinerary/ stay on account of flight cancellation due to bad
weather, ill health, roadblocks and/or any factors beyond control.
TERMS & CONDITIONS:
- 10% cancellation charges if the trekking is cancelled within 30 days before the tour.
- 20% cancellation charges if the tour and trek is cancelled within a one week before the tour.
- No refund if the trek or tour is cancelled after starting or middle of the trek or tour.