Saboo to Khaltsar (Nubra Valley) Trek
Duration of Trek: 06 Nights / 07 Days
Best Time: Mid June to End of September
Highest Point: Digar La (5,250m)
Focus: Monasteries, Monks, People Villages
Highlight: Camel Trek, Mountain flight, Khardung La
Physical Challenge: Moderate overall, some long bumpy drives
Day: 01 Leh to Saboo to Digar La Base (3700m) 3-4 hrs
After the breakfast drive to Saboo and start your trek towards Saboo Phu, which is the grazing land for the livestock of the Saboo villagers. Beyond Phu is the base for Digar La. Overnight stay is in camp.
Day: 02 Digar La Base to Chumik Yogma (4620m) 6-7 hrs
After the breakfast walk up to Digar La (5250m), from where you can have a beautiful view of Saser Khangri and Karakoram Range. The ascent is bit difficult. Overnight stay in camp at Chumik Yokma.
Day: 03 Chumik Yogma to Digar village (3105m) 3-4 hrs
Trek from the base of the pass for 14 kms to Digar, a small village. Overnight stay in camp.
Day: 04 Digar village-Rongjok (3105m) 6-7 hrs
Again an easy day, strolling through pastures fed by the glacial melt of the Lasermo La.
Day: 05 Rongjok to Khalsar (3105m) to Deskit 3-4 hours
Walking down the Shyok valley leads you to the pretty village of Khalsar (3105 mts) on the Leh - Panamik road. Finish your trek and drive to Deskit. Overnight in Camp or hotel.
Day: 06 Hunder Drok to Hunder 3500m
An amazing day: forest valleys, steep hillsides, then we reach the end of a valley guarded by ancient forts. Ahead of us the snow peaks of the Karakoram and below the old silk road oasis of Hunder. We camp in a grove of willows.
Day: 07 Deskit to Leh
After Breakfast proceed for a short walk or visit Deskit monastery and drive back to Leh.
- √ Accommodation in Guest House in Padum and Hotel in Kargil with all meals.
- √ All transportation by Toyota Qualis, Innova or Scorpio.
- √ Two men tent, Kitchen and dinning tents.
- √ Kitchen equipments and Toilet Tent.
- √ Stool, Table and mattresses.
- √ Food veg and non-veg.
- √ Cook, helper and guide.
- √ Horses for Luggages.
- √ Monument entrances, wild life fees and camping charges.
- √ Climbing permit to Stok Khangri and Equipments.
- χ Any flight tickets and any Accommodation except Padum and Kargil.
- χ No accommodation in Leh is included in Trekking Packages.
- χ Sleeping Bags, trekking shoes and clothing.
- χ Any Kind of Personal Expenses or Optional Tours / Extra Meals Ordered
- χ Any thing not specifically mentioned under the head “Prices Included”.
- χ Tips, Insurance, Laundry, Phone Calls.
- χ Any Kind of Drinks (Alcoholic, Mineral, Aerated)
- χ Cost incidental to any change in the itinerary/ stay on account of flight cancellation due to bad
weather, ill health, roadblocks and/or any factors beyond control.
TERMS & CONDITIONS:
- 10% cancellation charges if the trekking is cancelled within 30 days before the tour.
- 20% cancellation charges if the tour and trek is cancelled within a one week before the tour.
- No refund if the trek or tour is cancelled after starting or middle of the trek or tour.