Phyang to Hunder Trek
Duration of Trek: 04 Nights / 05 Days
Best Time: Mid June to End of September
Highest Point: Lasermo La (5400m)
Focus: Monasteries, Monks, People Villages
Highlight: Remote villages, High mountain Passes
Physical Challenge: Moderate overall
Day: 01 Leh to Phyang Camp 4800m
We leave early for our to Phyang where we meet our crew and trek for three days hours in a high alpine valley near the only pass on our trek, The Lasermo La. Overnight in the Camp.
Day: 02 Phyang Camp to Lasermo High Camp 4600m
Up and away early for an easy climb to the pass at 5400m, from where we have views of the Stok range behind and the Karakoram ahead. Then a descent-possibly on snow to our high pasture camp.
Day: 03 Lasermo High Camp to Drok Yokma 4200m
An easy three-hour walk to enjoy this high valley and it’s wild flowers.
Day: 04 Drok Yokma to Hunder Drok 4000m
Again an easy day, strolling through pastures fed by the glacial melt of the Lasermo La.
Day: 05 Hunder Drok to Hunder 3500m
An amazing day: forest valleys, steep hillsides, then we reach the end of a valley guarded by ancient forts. Ahead of us the snow peaks of the Karakoram and below the old silk road oasis of Hunder. We camp in a grove of willows.
- √ Accommodation in Guest House in Padum and Hotel in Kargil with all meals.
- √ All transportation by Toyota Qualis, Innova or Scorpio.
- √ Two men tent, Kitchen and dinning tents.
- √ Kitchen equipments and Toilet Tent.
- √ Stool, Table and mattresses.
- √ Food veg and non-veg.
- √ Cook, helper and guide.
- √ Horses for Luggages.
- √ Monument entrances, wild life fees and camping charges.
- √ Climbing permit to Stok Khangri and Equipments.
- χ Any flight tickets and any Accommodation except Padum and Kargil.
- χ No accommodation in Leh is included in Trekking Packages.
- χ Sleeping Bags, trekking shoes and clothing.
- χ Any Kind of Personal Expenses or Optional Tours / Extra Meals Ordered
- χ Any thing not specifically mentioned under the head “Prices Included”.
- χ Tips, Insurance, Laundry, Phone Calls.
- χ Any Kind of Drinks (Alcoholic, Mineral, Aerated)
- χ Cost incidental to any change in the itinerary/ stay on account of flight cancellation due to bad
weather, ill health, roadblocks and/or any factors beyond control.
TERMS & CONDITIONS:
- 10% cancellation charges if the trekking is cancelled within 30 days before the tour.
- 20% cancellation charges if the tour and trek is cancelled within a one week before the tour.
- No refund if the trek or tour is cancelled after starting or middle of the trek or tour.