Lamayuru to Chilling Trek
Duration of Trek: 05 Nights / 06 Days
Best Time: Mid June to September
Highest Point: Konski La (4,900m)
Focus: Monasteries, Monks, People Villages
Highlight: Remotre villages, High mountain Passes
Physical Challenge: Moderate overall
Day: 01 Leh to Lamayuru 08 hrs
Drive to Lamayuru, en route visit Liker and Alchi Monasteries. Overnight stay is in camp or Guest House.
Day: 02 Lamayuru to Wanla (3250m) 2-3 hrs
Walk down along the stream towards east and then after 20 minutes cross the stream near a Chorten. Walk along another stream towards southward and then east up to the Prikiting La (3700m). After the pass you reach down the river in the Shillakung valley. The trail to the right also leads to Zangskar via Snigutse La. Take the right trail with chorten and Mani wall. Cross the river and the campsite is reached passing through the houses near the second bridge and tented restaurant.
Day: 03 Wanla to Hinju 5-6 hours
Leave Wanla for Hinju after the breakfast while enjoying nice views of mountains and narrow gorges. The Hinju village has prayer flags at the start of the village. Overnight stay is in Hotel.
Day: 04 Hinju to Sumda Chenmo 5-6 hours
Proceed towards Sumda Chenmo via Konski La 4900 mtrs. From where you can have a view of back route from Pirkiti La. The Valley across the Kanski La has a few huts of shepherds from Hinju where they make butter and cheese. Overnight in Camp.
Day: 05 Sumda Chenmo to Dundunchan La Base 5-6 hrs
The trail leads to Dundunchan la Base along with Sumda chu .Arrive base of the pass after a good walk for 4-5 hrs. Overnightin Camp
Day: 06 Dundunchan La base to Chilling to Leh 5-6 hrs
Have a fantastic view from Dundunchan La (4700 mtrs) and trail Leads to Chilling village where the Zangskar River follows towards Nimo village. Arrive chilling and drive to Leh. Overnight in the Guest House.
- √ Accommodation in Guest House in Padum and Hotel in Kargil with all meals.
- √ All transportation by Toyota Qualis, Innova or Scorpio.
- √ Two men tent, Kitchen and dinning tents.
- √ Kitchen equipments and Toilet Tent.
- √ Stool, Table and mattresses.
- √ Food veg and non-veg.
- √ Cook, helper and guide.
- √ Horses for Luggages.
- √ Monument entrances, wild life fees and camping charges.
- √ Climbing permit to Stok Khangri and Equipments.
- χ Any flight tickets and any Accommodation except Padum and Kargil.
- χ No accommodation in Leh is included in Trekking Packages.
- χ Sleeping Bags, trekking shoes and clothing.
- χ Any Kind of Personal Expenses or Optional Tours / Extra Meals Ordered
- χ Any thing not specifically mentioned under the head “Prices Included”.
- χ Tips, Insurance, Laundry, Phone Calls.
- χ Any Kind of Drinks (Alcoholic, Mineral, Aerated)
- χ Cost incidental to any change in the itinerary/ stay on account of flight cancellation due to bad
weather, ill health, roadblocks and/or any factors beyond control.
TERMS & CONDITIONS:
- 10% cancellation charges if the trekking is cancelled within 30 days before the tour.
- 20% cancellation charges if the tour and trek is cancelled within a one week before the tour.
- No refund if the trek or tour is cancelled after starting or middle of the trek or tour.