Hemis to Stok Trek via Matho Phu
Duration of Trek: 04 Nights / 05 Days
Best Time: Mid June to End of September
Highest Point: Matho La (4820 m)
Focus: Monasteries, Monks, People Villages
Highlight: Remote villages, High mountain Passes
Physical Challenge: Moderate overall
Day: 01 Leh to Martselang to Chogdo (3-4 Hrs)
After Breakfast drive to Martselang and start trekking to Chogdo. Overnight in Camp.
Day: 02 Chogdo - Gyuncho La (4600 m) - Camp at 4350 m in 6- 7 h
From now on, we will follow a new and rarely traveled route through the valleys to the east of our objective. Today, we turn towards the west into a tributary valley that leads after a long and gradual ascent to the Gyuncho La. We descent a few meters bellow to establish our campsite.
Day: 03 Camp at 4350 m - Shang La (4800 m)- Matho Phu (4350 m) in 6 h
Today, we will cross many spurs and minor passes with occasional views northwards towards the Indus Valley and the peaks beyond. We climb up to the Shang La and then descend to the Tokpo River. Afterwards we will trek downhill to a nice camping place.
Day: 04 Matho Phu - Matho La (4820 m) –Mankarmo (4500 m) in 4-5 h
At the pass, colorful prayer flags flap in the wind, with the Zanskari range in the background. Afterwards, we descend steadily along the Jingchan River. We get great views towards the Stock summit and the Stock Kangri (6121m). Overnight in Camp.
Day: 05 Mankarmo to Stok to Leh
Morning after the breakfast walk down to Stok and drive to Leh.
- √ Accommodation in Guest House in Padum and Hotel in Kargil with all meals.
- √ All transportation by Toyota Qualis, Innova or Scorpio.
- √ Two men tent, Kitchen and dinning tents.
- √ Kitchen equipments and Toilet Tent.
- √ Stool, Table and mattresses.
- √ Food veg and non-veg.
- √ Cook, helper and guide.
- √ Horses for Luggages.
- √ Monument entrances, wild life fees and camping charges.
- √ Climbing permit to Stok Khangri and Equipments.
- χ Any flight tickets and any Accommodation except Padum and Kargil.
- χ No accommodation in Leh is included in Trekking Packages.
- χ Sleeping Bags, trekking shoes and clothing.
- χ Any Kind of Personal Expenses or Optional Tours / Extra Meals Ordered
- χ Any thing not specifically mentioned under the head “Prices Included”.
- χ Tips, Insurance, Laundry, Phone Calls.
- χ Any Kind of Drinks (Alcoholic, Mineral, Aerated)
- χ Cost incidental to any change in the itinerary/ stay on account of flight cancellation due to bad
weather, ill health, roadblocks and/or any factors beyond control.
TERMS & CONDITIONS:
- 10% cancellation charges if the trekking is cancelled within 30 days before the tour.
- 20% cancellation charges if the tour and trek is cancelled within a one week before the tour.
- No refund if the trek or tour is cancelled after starting or middle of the trek or tour.